Still trying


X-rays were taken on 12/30/04 for our eagle. The news is not looking too good. While there is a small amount of calcification (1), it's not nearly what it should be after 4 weeks.

It also appears the the bone itself is degenerating at differant spots along the length of the bone (2&3). This could indicate a deep seated infection in the bone itself.

The Plan:
After Cindy discussed things with Dr. Wilson & Dr. Palmatier, it was decided to rest the bird for two more weeks with the apparatus in place. At that time we will be at the limits of the usefulness of the appliance and it will need to be removed. At that time, if the bone has not healed sufficiently to support the bird, we will have to let him move on.

Keep your fingers crossed.